Find Posts By Topic

Sunday – March 20, 2022

#2022-069156/North Precinct/Third Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 0138 hours, officers responded to a report of shots fired near the area of 8th Ave NW and NW 47th St. Several callers were reporting hearing four or five shots and then the sounds of a vehicle speeding away on 8th Ave NW. Among the callers was a RV resident reporting she was the target of the shooting. When officers arrived, they contacted this victim and discovered four bullet holes in her RV and one in a vehicle parked directly north of the RV. The victim and her friends were outside and directly between the RV and this vehicle and were not struck by any of the rounds. They all reported seeing a red or white SUV speeding away on 8th Ave NW after the shooting. In total five callers reported hearing four to five shots in close time and distance proximity to this incident. Evidence of a shooting was recovered at the scene. Gun Violence Reduction Unit screened this incident.

#2022-069199/South Precinct/First Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 0348 hours, officers responded to an unoccupied auto recovery. The tow driver interviewed stated it was occupied and the suspect was armed with a pistol, but not threatened. The suspect & vehicle rolled up on the interview, backed up and fled. SPD Unit made a left off 48 Ave S to EB S Holden St to come grill to grill with the suspect. SPD PIU was in the middle of a 2-lane residential road moved right and the suspect vehicle moved left maintaining head on conditions. Suspect accelerated and passed around the front right of the PIU, side swiped the PIU Push bars stripping the rubber molding off one of the right bars. Suspect continued west and then south on ML King Way S approaching the I-5 ramps. No pursuit initiated.

#2022-069412/South Precinct/First Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 1053 hours, a subject was found actively trying to steal a parked car. Owner confronted him. Suspect held a hammer up in the air as if he was about to swing it at the victim/owner. Suspect fled on foot when told they were calling 911. Suspect arrested without further incident 1/2 mile away from the scene.

#2022-069485/West Precinct/Second Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 1241 hours, an off-duty, out of agency, officer was assaulted at the downtown Target. The unknown suspect walked into the store a short distance, quickly turned around as if spooked, and ran for the exit. Standing near the exit door was the off-duty officer, who had not made any contact with the suspect. The suspect struck the officer and fled the store. The officer sustained a small laceration on his ear and had swelling of his cheek bone area. The officer was transported, via AMR, to Harborview Medical Center for treatment. Area check for the suspect was negative.

#2022-069621/West Precinct/Second Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 1613 hours, a restaurant owner in Chinatown-International District called 9-1-1 to report threats to burn down the restaurant. Victim explained to officers that a man called the restaurant 3 separate times demanding free food items. The suspect told the victim if they did not provide the requested free food, he would burn the restaurant down. The victim feared the suspect would follow through with the threats.

#2022-069485/West Precinct/Second Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 1701 hours, King County Sheriff’s Office advised they had taken a suspect into custody at a light rail station for assaulting 3 passengers. KCSO noticed the suspect matched the description from an earlier assault of an off-duty police officer and notified SPD. SPD transported a witness from the original assault to the scene and the witness positively identified the suspect as the person who assaulted the victim. The suspect was arrested booked for Assault 2.

#2022-069879/East Precinct/Third Watch:

On 03-20-2022 at 2331 hours, patrol was dispatched to 100 Melrose Av E for the report of a stabbing. The suspect was positively identified as the victim’s next-door neighbor who barricaded herself in her unit. East and West patrol contained the location while Hostage Negotiation Team attempted negotiations. Ultimately SWAT responded and took the suspect into custody after a search warrant was signed by a judge. The suspect was taken into custody without incident, a Type 1 Use of Force was initiated due to complaints of pain only.