Find Posts By Topic

Wage Theft

Recently wage theft and other employee exploitation issues have been in the news.  The Seattle Police Department takes these issues seriously. 

If you believe you are the victim of wage theft that is under $500.00, you can file a police report quickly and easily through our online reporting system.  Here is the link to file an online police report: 

If your wage theft is over $500.00, the easiest way to file a police report is by calling the Seattle Police Department’s Non-Emergency line at (206) 625-5011.  Based on the specifics and/or seriousness of your case, the Telephone Reporting Unit (TRU) may take your report over the phone or an officer may respond to take your report in person.  

Theft is a crime under the Seattle Municipal Code.  See the below link for definitions of the various theft crimes:

In order for you to receive justice and resolution, you must first document your situation by filing a police report.