Find Posts By Topic

Police Investigating Two Weekend Shootings, Eight Other Incidents of Gunfire Citywide

Police are investigating two separate shootings that left two men injured, plus eight other incidents involving gunfire on Saturday and Sunday around the city.

Saturday at 1:20 a.m, officers heard multiple shots near 12th Avenue South and South Main Street. Witnesses in the area flagged officers down and said they heard gunfire and someone say they had been shot in a parking lot near that intersection. Arriving officers found no victims, but did discover ballistic damage to car, and they recovered a phone, wallet, gun-mounted light, shell casings, and a single sandal at the scene.

Approximately two hours later, a victim matching the identification found in the wallet arrived at Harborview Medical Center with two gunshot wounds. The victim immediately began treatment and could not be interviewed at the time.

Sunday at 2:50 a.m., police responded to reports of a shooting in the 4200 block of South Othello Street. Officers spoke with two victims who said they had been driving in their car when another vehicle pulled up next to them. The driver of the other car got out and started shooting at the victims, striking the 28-year-old driver in the shoulder.

The victims tried to drive away, but they struck a curb and disabled their car in the process, so they fled on foot. The suspects fled in their vehicle and were not found.

Police documented the bullet hole in the victim’s windshield and collected shell casings from the scene. The driver was transported to HMC for treatment via private ambulance.


4:21 AM: Multiple 911 callers reported hearing shots fired in the 6900 block of Southwest Delridge Way. Officers arrived and found multiple shell casings, but no victims and no damage to any property.


1:37 AM: Witnesses in the 1000 block of Harbor Avenue Southwest reported two groups of suspects shooting at each other in a parking lot. All involved parties fled in vehicles before officers arrived, but police collected shell casings and documented ballistic damage to a parked car.

1:40 AM: Police were called to the 1200 block of Northeast 95th Street for a carjacking at gunpoint. Four 17-year-old subjects were standing near a car in a parking lot when a male suspect approached them with a handgun. The suspect demanded the two 17-year-old girls in the group hand over their phones, a wallet, and the keys to the car. During the robbery, the suspect fired a shot in the air and hit one of the girls in the head with the gun. The carjacker then left in the vehicle. The two 17-year-old boys in the group fled on foot during the incident and didn’t make contact with police.

1:43 AM: Officers responded to Rainier Avenue South and 23rd Avenue South after a victim reported her phone had been stolen and the suspect had fired a gun while fleeing. The victim stated the suspect had stolen her phone at a nightclub in Capitol Hill. When confronted, the female suspect got into a car and fled. The victim and her friends also got into a car and pursued the suspect. As they were following her, the suspect fired a shot out the passenger window. While officers were taking the report from the victim, the suspect’s vehicle drove past. Officers began to pursue the car, but the suspects fled onto I-90 and were not found.

2:50 AM: Multiple 911 callers reported hearing shots fired and vehicle speeding away in the 6700 block of Martin Luther King Junior Way South. Officers collected shell casings at the scene but found no victims or property damage.

6:13 AM: Residents in the 8800 block of 9th Avenue Southwest called 911 to report hearing several gun shots. Police spoke with witnesses who described a male suspect chasing another man through back yards, including scaling a shed at one point. Officers searched the area but did not locate any involved parties – only ballistic evidence.

10:05 PM: Suspect shoots at officers in East Precinct

11:59 PM: Police responded to an encampment in the 600 block of 12th Avenue South for reports that someone had been shot. A witness stated that two suspects had come to his tent and shot at his tentmate, who left before officers arrived. Police collected shell casings and photographed blood in the tent, but never located a victim.

At this time, police have not identified evidence indicating any of these incidents are related, however, they remain under investigation.