Find Posts By Topic

Monday – September 18, 2023

#2023-271282/Southwest Precinct/Second Watch:

On 9-18-2023, at 15:59hrs, officers located two suspicious vehicles parked in the 9200 block of 29th Avenue Southwest. When officers approached, several subjects fled the area. Both vehicles, a Kia Optima and a Hyundai Sonata, showed signs of being stolen but had not been reported. Both vehicles were later reported stolen and recovered. An area check for possible suspects yielded negative results.

#2023-271496/South Precinct/Third Watch:

At 20:03hrs, officers were dispatched to a report of an armed robbery. The victim was walking in the 1700 block of 17th Avenue South when he observed two males running at him. The suspects pointed guns at him as they demanded he hand over his personal items. As the suspects took his property, one of the suspects pistol-whipped the victim in the head. The victim sustained a non-life-threatening injury from the assault. Police searched for the suspects, but they were not located.

#2023-271500/South Precinct/Third Watch:

At 20:12hrs, officers were dispatched to a carjacking in the 2500 block of Beacon Avenue South. Witnesses reported three males approached the victim from a vehicle, pointed guns at the victim, stole his wallet and his car then drove away northbound. The victim reported no injuries at the time of the incident. The suspects and vehicles were not located.

#2023-271510/Southwest Precinct/Third Watch:

At 20:28hrs, a delivery driver reported being robbed at gunpoint while delivering packages. Three male suspects robbed the victim of a package and his personal items. The suspects fled in a white sedan from the location. The victim was not injured. Police conducted an area check but the suspects and suspect vehicle were not located.

#2023-271572/Southwest/Third Watch:

At 21:59hrs, a male suspect entered a business in the 3200 block of Southwest Avalon Way. The suspect demanded merchandise from the clerk and showed he was in possession of a firearm. Additional customers entered the store, which caused the suspect to leave the business on foot. Officers did not locate the suspect.