Find Posts By Topic

Thursday – August 6, 2020

#2020-232979/West Precinct/First Watch:

On 8-6-2020 at 0750 hours, a man was in a convenience store in the Denny Regrade neighborhood when store employees requested he don a face mask. A customer inserted himself into the incident. The customer and the man(victim) took their conversation outside the store. The victim states the suspect drew a handgun from a shoulder holster or left pocket under his jacket. The suspect waved the handgun while making derogatory comments about the victim’s sexual orientation, while threatening to shoot the victim. There were no injuries. The suspect left the scene in a Gold Ford Focus with either no plate affixed or possible dealer plate. An area check was negative. 

#2020-233110/East Precinct/Second Watch:

On 8-6-2020 at 1120 hours, East Precinct received notification that a male had walked into Harborview Medical Center with a gunshot wound to his left leg. Officers arrived and spoke with a very uncooperative victim who would not provide incident location or suspect description. After some preliminary investigation, it appeared the victim had been shot in tree line area, west of HMC and North of the 700 Block of Yesler Way. The victim stated he lives in this area. The bullet appeared to have been shot at a downwards angle striking the left leg, breaking bones, then exiting on the interior side of the left leg. Based on the trajectory it appears possible the victim shot himself. 

#2020-233248/North Precinct/Second Watch:

On 8-6-2020 at 1335 hours, four unknown males entered a pot shop and robbed it at gunpoint. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun with an extended magazine. The suspects took cash, some product, and fled the store. All four drove away in a silver SUV. Patrol arrived, secured the scene, and interviewed the victims. 

#2020-233437/South Precinct/Second Watch:

On 8-6-2020 at 1645 hours, officers were dispatched to a report of a protest at Rainier Ave. S. and Martin Luther King Way S. Officers reported seeing 8+ vehicles blocking traffic and 20-25 people walking around the intersection, some with signs. Officers were staged nearby in case the blocking protest turned dangerous. 911 received multiple calls complaining of the blocked intersection. Most drivers seemed patient and compliant. After about 1:15 minutes the people and vehicles left the intersection and traffic began to move again.