Find Posts By Topic

Saturday – April 17, 2021

#2021-092776/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 0014 hours, officers responded to a report of an explosion and subsequent fire in a vehicle in the area of 37 AV S / S Oregon ST. Officers arrived to find Seattle Fire extinguishing the fire. A Fire Marshal responded to the scene and determined that fire was suspicious. The Fire Marshal advised they would notify the SPD’s Arson Bomb Squad. Officers conducted an area check for evidence and witnesses but found neither.

#2021-092910/South Precinct/First Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 0555 hours, officers responded to an alarm call at a sporting goods store. Upon arrival, officers located two large bay doors smashed in. A bystander observed a vehicle crash into the bay doors before fleeing northbound on 4 Av S prior to officers’ arrival. No entry was made, and it was confirmed nothing was taken from the business. An area check was completed but the vehicles were not located.

#2021-093129/North Precinct/Second Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 1242 hours, management from PCC Market at 7504 Aurora Av N called SPD regarding a small group of demonstrators who were protesting PCC, claiming that PCC discriminates against those who choose to not wear masks. This group was comprised of less than ten people, who had gathered in the alleyway which bisects PCC’s property, and appeared open to the public. They were not impeding the flow of traffic, pedestrian or otherwise. PCC management disputed whether the alleyway was indeed city property and therefore open to the public and claimed to have already established via their legal team that the alleyway was in fact theirs, with documentation. However, when asked to produce said documents, they were unable at that time to do so, even when their legal team was contacted. They were provided with an email address with which to contact SPD if they did indeed find such documents, as well as an incident number. A demonstrator spoke with SPD, saying that their protest would remain peaceful and would end at 1430 hours.

#2021-093352/South Precinct/Second Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 1646 hours, Seattle Fire requested traffic control for a fire which was determined to be an arson by the Fire Marshal. Based on suspect information provided by a witness, patrol was able to spot, and arrest the suspect while on scene. The SPD’s Arson Bomb Squad Detectives responded to assist, and will handle the follow-up investigation.

#2021-93410/North Precinct/Third Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 1733 hours, officers responded to an SHA complex for a report of a male resident in crises who was armed with a machete, breaking out numerous windows and threatening residents. Officers are very familiar with the suspect and devised a tactical plan on arrival. The officers formed a contact team and encountered the subject holding a machete yelling at another resident (victim). Officers used team tactics and engaged the subject separating him from the victim. The subject dropped his machete and was taken into custody. Type 2 force was used.

#2021-093585/Southwest Precinct/Third Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 2100 hours, SPD 911 began receiving reports of gunshots near Spokane St and Delridge Way SW. Shortly afterwards a victim of gunfire was located in the 3800 block of Delridge WY SW. The victim was given aid on scene and transported to a medical facility for further care.

#2021-093637/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 2152 hours, officers responded to a report of a shoplift in the 7200 block of E Marginal WY S and during the course of their investigation determined that it was a strong-arm robbery. The victim, an employee of a local business, attempted to stop a shoplifter and she assaulted him before fleeing with merchandise from the store. Officers searched the area but were unable to locate her. The victim stated he did not need medical assistance.

#2021-093746/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 04-17-2021 at 2347 hours, officers responded to a house that “just exploded”. The first arriving officer broadcast that the house was fully engulfed. Seattle Fire responded and took control of the scene. Officers provided traffic control. The fire was put out. A Fire Marshal arrived and was unable to determine the cause of the fire. No one was injured. A neighboring house was damaged by the fire and initial explosion. A report was written.