Find Posts By Topic

Friday – May 28, 2021

#2021-130836/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 0208 hours, officers responded to a report of shots fired near 50 AV S / S Henderson St. Officers searched the area and did not locate any victims or evidence. About an hour later, Renton PD reported a gunshot victim had called 911 from a local motel stating the incident happened in Seattle. The victim was transported to Harborview Medical Center with gunshot wounds to both hands and a grazing wound to his head (non-life-threatening). Two other involved parties then contacted 911 stating they were still hiding in the bushes near the original shooting scene. Officers responded and located both subjects, who were not shot but extremely high on meth, along with the crime scene in the 4800 block of S Henderson St. Officers photographed and processed the scene, to include evidence of a shooting, a cell phone, and tools. It appears four subjects were stealing parts from parked vehicles and some type of disturbance took place leading to the shooting incident. Two subjects left the area and drove to Renton while leaving the other two subjects to hide in the bushes. At the time of this report no suspects, witnesses, or other victims were located. The involved vehicle (damage from bullets) was towed to the SPD processing room. The Gun Violence Reduction Unit was advised of the incident.

#2021-128451/West Precinct/First Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 1000 hours, officers arrested a male suspected of throwing glass bottles of urine at passerby out of a third story window on 05-25-2021. The suspect refused to exit his residence. Responding officers obtained a search warrant for the suspect’s apartment. On 05-28-2021 officers arrested the suspect and served the warrant. Dozens of bottles containing a substance consistent with urine were located inside the apartment, along with assorted weaponry, to include samurai swords and brass knuckles.

#2021-131168/South Precinct/Second Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 1245 hours, officers were dispatched to a single vehicle (an SPD stolen motorcycle) collision, in which the rider was reportedly down in the intersection. It appears that the rider was riding up the hill and attempted to pass another vehicle at a high rate of speed. The rider apparently lost control of the bike, rode into some heavy brush along the side of the road and struck a metal guardrail hidden within. He was thrown from the bike and landed in the street. Officers and Seattle Fire arrived at about the same time, and SFD began CPR. Though he was still not breathing on his own, SFD transported the rider to Harborview Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries.

#2021-129613/North Precinct/Second Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 1400 hours, detectives from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office were in town on reports that a missing and endangered child they have been searching for, for 17 months, was in Seattle. Homicide and Assault Detectives took the probable cause documents from California and applied for a search warrant in Washington. An email was sent requesting plain clothes surveillance units to assist. Within a few minutes approximately 10-12 SPD Narcotics and Major Crimes Task Force Detectives set up on the suspected residence and officers marshaled resources to form an arrest team. After an extensive mobile surveillance operation, a vehicle takedown was conducted. The child was located and taken into custody. He was transferred to the custody of CPS who will escort the child to California. The Detectives from Sacramento County SO weere astonished at how quickly this operation came together and how many resources the SPD could put into place with just a few phone calls and emails.

#2021-131311/North Precinct/Second Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 1516 hours, 911 received reports of “APT ABOVE THIS LOC. MALE ON BALCONY SHOOTING RIFLE INTO ADJACENT YARD.” Multiple officers responded and located a victim/witness and established probable cause to arrest the subject for Assault 2 after they learned the suspect (who was highly intoxicated) had shot multiple BBs towards the victim. After setting up containment and a contact team, Hostage Negotiation Team officers began attempting to establish dialogue with the suspect. Eventually he began talking with officers and was taken into custody without incident. The rifle was taken into evidence and the suspect was booked in King County Jail for Assault 2.

#2021-131637/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 2107 hours, a 31-year-old male motorcycle rider was eastbound on the West Seattle Bridge. His riding partner said they were traveling at a high rate of speed. The riding partner said he began to slow as they approached 70 mph, but his friend did not slow and could have been traveling in excess of 100 mph. The motorcyclist used the 4th Ave South exit from the West Seattle bridge but failed to negotiate the curve in the roadway. The motorcyclist struck the barrier and was ejected. The motorcycle rider landed approximately 100 feet from where he was ejected. The motorcyclist suffered fatal injuries as a result of this collision. No other vehicles were involved.

#2021-131666/South Precinct/Third Watch:

On 05-28-2021 at 2200 hours a 2007 Infinity S was northbound in the 4600 block of East Marginal Way S. At the same time, a 2021 Mazda 6 was southbound in the 4600 block of East Marginal Way S. According to a witness, the driver of the Infinity high centered on the C curbing which separated the northbound and southbound lanes. The Infinity traveled along the C curbing until the C curbing began to curve at which point the Infinity crossed into the southbound lanes of travel striking the Mazda. The driver of the Mazda a 33-year-old male was taken to Harborview Medical Center via Seattle Fire Medic One with multiple fractures and possible internal injuries. The 23-year-old driver of the Infinity was also seriously injured. The driver of the Infinity was taken by a friend to Swedish First Hill before being transferred to Harborview Medical Center. The Infinity driver showed signs of impairment and a blood draw was completed. The Infinity driver was left at the hospital (no guard) as he was likely going to need surgery to repair his fractured femur.