Find Posts By Topic

Wednesday– January 24, 2024

#2024-021019/East Precinct/Second Watch:

SW Patrol and CRT responded to a crisis call at 0911 hrs. The subject in crisis began to run through traffic and was struck by multiple vehicles prior to SPD arrival. The suspect also attempted to steal an occupied car. The suspect ran down a busy arterial and stole a pedestrian’s phone. Officers stopped the suspect, and he was detained after a brief struggle. The suspect spat on multiple officers resulting in one exposure. The suspect also spat on an SFD firefighter. Suspect arrested. SFD screened suspect at the scene. 231 screened the incident and Car 25 notified.

#2024-021953/West Precinct/Second Watch:

On January 24, 2024, officers responded to the call of an assault with a weapon in the 100 block of South Washington St. Officers contacted the victim, who had been struck over the head with a blunt object and was bleeding profusely. Officers processed the scene and interviewed a witness; however, no suspects were located. The victim was transported to HMC where their injuries were determined to be non-life threatening. The SPD Homicide Unit was notified.

#2024-022173/Southwest Precinct/Second Watch:

At 1313hrs, officers responded to a disturbance in the 10800 block of 42nd Avenue Southwest and established probable cause existed for Felony Harassment and Bias Crime. The suspect has been identified however, he fled the scene prior to Officers arrival and has not been located.

#2024-022313/West Precinct/Second Watch:

At 1545 hours, West Pct. officers were dispatched to a disturbance in the 900 block of Aurora Ave N. The call reported that a male was pinning down another male who was bleeding from the head. As officers located the fight, the male who had been pinning the other subject, immediately took flight from officers and ran back into his unit. The male victim was taken to HMC in stable condition. The male suspect refused to exit, and a search warrant was applied for, and SWAT was mobilized. After several hours of negotiation, the suspect exited and was taken into custody without any further incident.